BattleKing

Spirit of darkness
Staff member
Administrator
+Lifetime VIP+
S.V.I.P Member
Collaborate
Registered

We are delighted to announce that XenForo 2.3.0 Beta 1 is now available to all customers with active self-hosted licenses. XenForo 2.3 includes a large number of new features and improvements, including:

You can read more about the above in the Have you seen...? forum.

This is beta software. It is not officially supported.
We do not recommend running it in production.

Please remember that this is beta software. It contains known bugs and incomplete functionality. We do not recommend running beta software in a production environment, and support is limited at this time to questions here on the community forums.

If you would like to leave us feedback about your experience with XenForo 2.3 we recommend you do that here. From today, should you find any bugs, they should be reported in the Bug reports forum.

Add-ons and custom styles may be broken after upgrading to 2.3. You must test your add-ons thoroughly or look for updates. Be especially careful with add-ons that cover similar features to ones that are added to 2.3; these may conflict with the core XenForo data. If data conflicts are found, they will need to be resolved in a new add-on release or by removing the add-on before upgrading to 2.3.

If you choose to run beta software, it is your responsibility to ensure that you make a backup of your data. We recommend you do this before attempting an upgrade. If in doubt, always do a test upgrade on a copy of your production data.

All customers with active self-hosted licenses may now download the new version from the customer area.

Alongside the release of XenForo 2.3.0 Beta 1, we are also releasing updated versions of each of our official add-ons:

• XenForo Media Gallery 2.3.0 Beta 1
  • XenForo Resource Manager 2.3.0 Beta 1
  • XenForo Enhanced Search 2.3.0 Beta 1
As we talk about in today's Have you seen...? thread, the changes in the official add-ons is currently minimal. There is additional functionality in development which will be added in a future Beta release.

Customers with active self-hosted licenses for these add-ons may download the new versions from their customer area.

Requirements​

The following are minimum requirements:

• PHP 7.2.0 or newer (PHP 8.3 recommended)
  • MySQL 5.7 or newer
  • Enhanced Search requires at least Elasticsearch 7.0
  • All of the add-ons listed here require XenForo 2.3
Note: Please pay particular attention to the points above in bold as they represent changes to the minimum or planned increases!

Installation and upgrade instructions​

Full details for how to install and upgrade XenForo can be found in the XenForo manual. One-click upgrades from XF 2.2 are possible, but you must uncheck the "Only check for stable upgrades" option in Options > Basic options. Once the XF 2.3 upgrade has been complete, the official add-ons should be upgraded as well.

Please remember that this is beta/preview software. It contains known bugs and incomplete functionality. We do not recommend or support running beta software in a production environment. Support for beta releases is limited to questions here on the community forums.

It's finally here! Today we are pleased to mark the next major milestone towards a stable release of XenForo 2.3 and this time we need your help!

As per the announcement XenForo 2.3 Beta 1 is now available to all licensed self-hosted customers. We'd very much appreciate your thoughts, your feedback, and your uncanny ability to break things in ways we can't even imagine. But, as ever, please do not even contemplate installing it on your live forum at this point. There will be bugs; some of which we know about and are yet to be fixed, and others which are yet to be discovered. No support is provided for Beta releases aside from saying "we told you so" and advising you to restore from a backup! 😉

Please for goodness sake, take a backup.

Now, while all of that is out of the way, you're probably wondering what the process looks like from here and what's new.

What's next?​

Our aim for the next few weeks, starting today, is to showcase a number of features we have been finalising since our last 'Have you seen...?' in November. Most of these are smaller in scope and will be limited to one or two features/improvements per post. At least one of the future HYS posts will outline new features or improvements in our three official add-ons, Resource Manager, Media Gallery and Enhanced Search. These improvements are not in the initial Beta release but they are definitely coming!

There will of course be a lot of activity surrounding bug fixes and feedback. We will continue with pre-release versions through Beta and Release Candidate releases until we deem the release is sufficiently stable. We will of course work towards this as quickly as is humanly possible, but simultaneously work is continuing towards XenForo 3.0! Progress is going so well with XF3 that we at one point joked that it could be released before XenForo 2.3! This of course is not going to happen but, nonetheless, it is shaping up nicely and we'll be excited to show more of that once we are ready.

What's new?​

Direct message search is here!​

If you're anything like me, you might have built up a few direct messages over the years:

1710932119791.png

That's over 4,600!

Aside from being able to filter based on recipient, finding something from months or years gone by can be a challenge to say the least. So starting with XenForo 2.3 Beta 1 we are making direct message search available.

There isn't a great deal to show you here. It's search. It's the same search system you use to search forums and other content. When on direct message related pages there is a "Direct messages" option in the dropdown. If you're inside a direct message you can even limit your search to finding content within that specific direct message.

1710932128974.png

Search results look how you expect, surfacing both found content within the direct message (conversation) itself and replies.

1710932147691.jpg

Advanced search with much more granular options? Of course!

1710932158092.jpg

And that's it for this week! We hope you enjoy your first look at XenForo 2.3 "in the flesh" and, as ever, we appreciate your invaluable assistance in testing and providing feedback.

BattleKing

Spirit of darkness
Staff member
Administrator
+Lifetime VIP+
S.V.I.P Member
Collaborate
Registered

Napolion

Registered

Please
Media Gallery 2.3.0 Beta
Resource Manager 2.3.0 Beta
Enhanced Search 2.3.0 Beta

SentroxMC

Registered

ErrorException: [E_WARNING] Undefined array key "urlToEmbedResolver" in src/XF/BbCode/ProcessorAction/AutoLink.php at line 508
  1. XF::handlePhpError() in src/XF/BbCode/ProcessorAction/AutoLink.php at line 508
  2. XF\BbCode\ProcessorAction\AutoLink::factory() in src/XF/SubContainer/BbCode.php at line 114
  3. XF\SubContainer\BbCode->XF\SubContainer\{closure}() in src/XF/Container.php at line 231
  4. XF\Container->create() in src/XF/SubContainer/BbCode.php at line 195
  5. XF\SubContainer\BbCode->processorAction() in src/XF/Service/Message/Preparer.php at line 195
  6. XF\Service\Message\Preparer->getBbCodeProcessor() in src/XF/Service/Message/Preparer.php at line 162
  7. XF\Service\Message\Preparer->processMessage() in src/XF/Service/Message/Preparer.php at line 133
  8. XF\Service\Message\Preparer->prepare() in src/XF/Service/Post/Preparer.php at line 98
  9. XF\Service\Post\Preparer->setMessage() in src/XF/Service/Thread/Creator.php at line 157
  10. XF\Service\Thread\Creator->setContent() in src/XF/Pub/Controller/Forum.php at line 678
  11. XF\Pub\Controller\Forum->setupThreadCreate() in src/XF/Pub/Controller/Forum.php at line 899
  12. XF\Pub\Controller\Forum->actionPostThread() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 352
  13. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 259
  14. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 115
  15. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 57
  16. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2588
  17. XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 532
  18. XF::runApp() in index.php at line 20
@BattleKing please update to latest as soon as it is out currently it seem you cant post due to some weird error.

View previous replies…

SentroxMC

Registered

ErrorException: [E_WARNING] Undefined array key "urlToEmbedResolver" in src/XF/BbCode/ProcessorAction/AutoLink.php at line 508
  1. XF::handlePhpError() in src/XF/BbCode/ProcessorAction/AutoLink.php at line 508
  2. XF\BbCode\ProcessorAction\AutoLink::factory() in src/XF/SubContainer/BbCode.php at line 114
  3. XF\SubContainer\BbCode->XF\SubContainer\{closure}() in src/XF/Container.php at line 231
  5. XF\SubContainer\BbCode->processorAction() in src/XF/Service/Message/Preparer.php at line 195
  6. XF\Service\Message\Preparer->getBbCodeProcessor() in src/XF/Service/Message/Preparer.php at line 162
  7. XF\Service\Message\Preparer->processMessage() in src/XF/Service/Message/Preparer.php at line 133
  8. XF\Service\Message\Preparer->prepare() in src/XF/Service/Post/Preparer.php at line 98
  9. XF\Service\Post\Preparer->setMessage() in src/XF/Service/Thread/Creator.php at line 157
  10. XF\Service\Thread\Creator->setContent() in src/XF/Pub/Controller/Forum.php at line 678
  11. XF\Pub\Controller\Forum->setupThreadCreate() in src/XF/Pub/Controller/Forum.php at line 899
  12. XF\Pub\Controller\Forum->actionPostThread() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 352
  14. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 115
@BattleKing please update to latest as soon as it is out currently it seem you cant post due to some weird error.
SentroxMCReferring to the Xenforo 2.3 leak

Wolf Knight

+Lifetime VIP+
+Lifetime VIP+
S.V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Collaborate
Registered

SentroxMCI have the same issue; I don't know if it's from the script itself or caused after it nulled.
Please advise.

View previous replies…

BattleKing

Spirit of darkness
Staff member
Administrator
+Lifetime VIP+
S.V.I.P Member
Collaborate
Registered

I believe the error occurred after nulling the script since it was working fine on their website.
Wolf KnightWhich website, you mean XenForo, possibly they have it fixed already. Did you get another version, or has someone the original downloaded files, please sent it to me via PM

BattleKing

Spirit of darkness
Staff member
Administrator
+Lifetime VIP+
S.V.I.P Member
Collaborate
Registered

SentroxMCthat was my fault sorry in the beta2 version corrected

Splicho

Emudevs.gg Owner
Staff member
Collaborate
Registered

I honestly ask myself why XenForo Devs release an unfinished product, or even a buggy one.. is beyond me.

DareSec

Inforc3r
Staff member
Administrator
S.V.I.P Member
Collaborate
Registered

Genesisdude

Registered

people are frustrated
DareSecHonestly with their slow development record, treating third party developers like garbage, and locking threads/deleting posts that criticize the software it's no wonder why many people are frustrated. I get devs will release WIP builds of scripts/software, but I feel that they rushed this out too soon even though it's a beta build.

SentroxMC

Registered

Honestly with their slow development record, treating third party developers like garbage, and locking threads/deleting posts that criticize the software it's no wonder why many people are frustrated. I get devs will release WIP builds of scripts/software, but I feel that they rushed this out too soon even though it's a beta build.
Genesisdude@DareSec @Splicho i know its kinda late already but it seems more and more addons are disspearing from the resources section fo the offical xenforo resources website maybe because of development issues but it seems either the creator delete them or xenforo deletes and blocks addons and creator.

aab985030

Registered

I honestly ask myself why XenForo Devs release an unfinished product, or even a buggy one.. is beyond me.
SplichoIt's BETA. Devs are supposed to let the public test. They specifically mention not to use on production servers. :p It's so if you are a paying customer you can report back with bug reports, questions etc

aab985030

Registered

I was wanting to integrate the login part into Wordpress but doesn't look like this supports it just yet.

Napolion

Registered

Hello I hope you can help me. When installing on a local server it gives me this error

Captura de pantalla 2024-03-21 211740.png